The objective of the position is to ensure compliance with established Hy2gen and Project specific procedures, engineering design standards during execution of the project and the timely completion of the activities.
The scope of the position covers the project engineering of the project to ensure the project is completed on time, within budget, and to the correct quality together with the other objectives /targets that are set.
Ensure that the project is executed in accordance with Hy2gen procedures, especially;
- Project Agreement.
- Investment, Disposal and Restructuring procedure
- Project Manual
Reporting to the Project Manager and responsible for executing the engineering scope of the project, organising the engineering team, and delivering and distributing technical documents. in full compliance with the Contract including appropriate technical standards and specifications associated with the services and equipment provided by the EPC[M] Contractor.
Maintain a good working relationship with the Discipline Engineers holds regular progress meetings and keeps the committee abreast of progress/costs and potential problems with the appropriate rectification measures.
Ensure that the Project deliverables such as, HSE Targets, Financial Targets and Schedule Targets etc., are delivered accordingly.
Stimulates challenges and supports the Engineering and Procurement Contractor to strive for easy/simple solutions and to avoid unnecessary changes and inefficiency.
A prime responsibility is the development and maintenance of good and beneficial relationships with contractors, partners, vendors, local Hy2gen organisation and other Hy2gen.
- have a full knowledge of the Basic Engineering package and the Contract with the EPC[M] Contractor.
- have a full understanding of the EPC[M] Contractors Scope and Schedule and the activities and deliverables for the Project and be a driver to ensure the latter are achieved to the correct quality and in a timely manner.
- prior to commencing work, agrees with the Project Manager the Project Agreement
- ensure that all tasks assigned by the Project Manager are completed on time and within budget
- attend internal / external design reviews and other meetings, as necessary
- Cultivate the Company safety culture in the workplace, and facilitate the education and awareness of task force personnel on the site-specific safety rules for work performed in Contractors facilities.
- Ensure together with the Project Control Manager that the engineering scope, design services and deliverables; and development of a comprehensive and integrated schedule in cooperation with the engineering disciplines, Control Team Leader, Project Manager, and Materials Manager is performed by the EPC[M] Contractor.
- Assemble and distribute basic contractual information to the task force engineering disciplines and insure understanding of basic financial objectives of the project.
- Ensure together with the Project Control Manager that the EPC[M] Contractor develops the overall engineering execution strategy including procurement and automation design systems and tools. Also develop engineering estimates, budgets, schedules, and progress reporting system in cooperation with discipline Leads, Control Team Leader, Construction Manager, and Project Manager.
- Master degree in Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in Project Management
- Previous knowledge of Chemical installations
- Technical experience, preferably in a maintenance or Project environment working with Contactors.
- Comprehensive Onshore Construction and investment project Experience
- Woking experience in multicultural environment
- Experience of heavy industrial, semiconductor, chemical or pharmaceutic plants is important.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team player
- Self motivated with ability to supervise and motivate small team
- Willingness to travel
- High ethical standards
- Commercial understandings
- Good communication skills
For more information contact Paal Lilleeidet at tlf 994 83 017.